After a few disastrous attempts I’ve finally completed my first successful piece of sewing! I gave up on using patterns as I found them too complicated and instead decided to follow my instincts with regards to pattern cutting, adding the fastening and sewing the pieces together. To make sure that I had the right lengths of fabric I measured the material around the iPad.
My case fits around the iPad perfectly and I’m really happy with the result. I’ve even made two pockets at the front so that I can carry the charger and other bits and pieces around with me. As I’ve applied to return to university next year to train to become a specialist dyslexia tutor the case will be really useful for transporting my iPad to the day schools.